Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Stamping: Red & Black

It is Sunday Stamping again in the group Adventures in Stamping and this week the challenge is "red and black," which was the perfect opportunity to try this manicure. I've tried it once before, but the stamp didn't turn out well so I never posted about it. I'm excited that this time it turned out much better and I can show it to you. Also, before I go on with the post, I want address a question I had last week. The stamping group where these challenges come from welcomes all stamping enthusiasts regardless of your skill level so please don't hesitate to join if you are interested!


For this manicure, I started out with a base of three coats of Zoya Rekha , a lovely red, slightly dusky jelly cream. I then stamped using Wet 'n Wild Black Creme and Bundle Monster plate BM-209. The stamp pattern does not have a straight edge which kind of gave me trouble with aligning them evenly on all the nails. With the image being smaller than a full nail stamp, I stamped it closer to one side of the nail and painted the unstamped part of the nail black using acrylic paint. The wavy line from the stamped pattern was my guide for the split....


I chose to use Essie Matte About You over the regular top coat to create the matte effect and I love how it turned out...


Just for fun, here is what the glossy version looked like before I applied the matte top coat. I still like it, but I definitely like the matte version better...




I'd love to know your thoughts on this :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

16 comments:

  1. Looks great and really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, looks like its inspired by a lady bird. Really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! At first I loved the shiny version but really I love the matte so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fantastic! I don't know which one I like better, matte or glossy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The matte version is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it both ways! That's a great stamp for the challenge, looks really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! :) I loved this manicure you did, so original! I never figured out what to do with this stamp lol :)***

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love it so much. I love the matte and immediately i am trying to think of a polish i might have similar texture to that red to get something like yours. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are like little lady bugs ( by the colors ).
    Perfect stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much ladies! I'm thrilled that you like the manicure for the challenge.

    They remind me of little lady bugs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness I love the matte effect! What did you use for this? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! I used Essie Matte About You as a top coat for the matte effect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is gorgeous! I even love the matte version-which I normally don't!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you ladies! I'm glad that you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...