Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rimmel London Wild Orchid with Holo

My boyfriend and I spent an expended weekend out of town with some close friends. It was great to get away and just relax for a bit after a hectic June. The weather was decent, but certainly not the sunshine that I was hoping for. Even the drizzling rain didn't stop us from enjoying the beach and I even found pretty shells that matched the manicure...


My manicure was a pretty lilac color named Wild Orchid by Rimmel London that I topped off with a holographic topcoat. The holo effect was pretty subtle especially since sunshine was lacking. I certainly could have gotten as stronger effect with more topcoat, but it does grey out the color when too much is used and I wanted to retain the pretty lilac...




I did catch a brief glimpse of the sun and was able to catch this photo... just look at that holo! :)


On it's own, Wild Orchid by Rimmel is a medium lilac cream. It has a wonderful formula that went on very smoothly and was completely opaque in two coats. I love the brushes on these polishes. They are so easy for me to work with and require only minimal cleanup. Swatches are with a top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: Rimmel London
Collection: main line
Color Name/Number: Wild Orchid, 370
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I have been in a bit of a purple mood lately and wearing this for three days really hit the spot :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

6 comments:

  1. Where can you get a holographic topcoat? That sounds like a novelty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love that purple! I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful color+top combination to wear to the beach, and it suits you great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour is beautiful and the holographic top coat is fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @annlayc, You can find it on ebay. Just search for Spectraflair and you should see a few different sellers. You can either buy the pure pigment and make your own topcoat or get one already made. Hope this helps! :)

    @Essie Rae, it is such a pretty purple! :)

    @Mari Lumme, thank you so much! :)

    @Raggio di Luna, thank you sweetie! I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...