Monday, July 9, 2012

Sunday Stamping: Something I Love with Ulta Into Astrono-Me?

I had every intention of making and posting this manicure in time for Sunday, but time just got away from me. The weather in Seattle has been amazing and sunny and I have been spending what little daytime I have before work outside. Partly because of the weather and partly because my front (and back) yard are in major need of a clean up. My HOA gave me 30 days to clean up or else... so I got an estimate to see how much it would cost for someone else to do the work and let's just say that the $800 quote was just the push shove that I needed to get my butt outside and weeding :D

Ok, back to the topic at hand. The theme for this Sunday Stamping challenge in the group Adventures in Stamping was "Something you love." I rather enjoy open ended challenges such as this because everyone creates something completely different! One thing that I love is astrology. This love comes from years of listening to my boyfriend tell me all about the different signs of the zodiac. We enjoy analyzing the different signs and seeing how they fit or don't fit the people in our lives.

For my manicure I chose to go with the zodiac signs of my boyfriend (Leo) and me (Gemini )...


I started out with a base of Ulta Into-Astrono-Me?. Yes, I did choose it purely based on the name, but I just couldn't resist. All the stamping was done with no brand plates I got from Ebay. The stars in the background were stamped using UltaHigh Roller and plate M81. The Gemini (plate m59) and Leo (plate m55) were stamped using Pure Ice Silver Mercedes.



I love how the manicure turned out, but because the cheap Ebay plates are less than perfect, the Gemini didn't transfer too well and I think the little twins look a bit... umm... scary... Good thing I don't usually look quite this close in real life. On the other hand finger, how adorable is that Leo? :)


Ulta's Into Astrono-Me? is a darkened teal with a nice micro-shimmer. Normally I love dark colors such as this, but somehow I wasn't loving it on it's own. Maybe I'm finally craving summer colors now that the sun is out? The formula on this was nice. Two coats for full coverage and no problems with application.




It does look a lot better outside when you can see the gorgeous shimmer come out...




Swatch Details
Brand: Ulta
Collection: main line
Color Name/Number: Into Astrono-Me?
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

9 comments:

  1. I'm a Gemini too! Love the colors you chose for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you should see my backyard!! Thankfully my HOA can't see it! We have been working on the yard too, we just got a whole bunch of bark that we have been distributing in the front yard....so at least the front looks nice!

    Yay for Gemini's! And yes, that stamp does look scary! But the Leo makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color in the sun! The leo stamp is so cute! The gemini one looks kind of scary to say the least! I like it, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely manicure! The colours and the stamping!! How I love your manicures... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ameerah, Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you like the manicure :)

    @Angie, I'm glad my HOA can't see the backyard! It is worse than the front. Bark is next on our list of things to do :)

    @Brianna, Not sure why the gemini came out so creepy looking, but I'm glad you still like it :)

    @Lillibit, thank you so much! You are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the same shape of nails! :)
    And I'm not Gemini, I'm Leo, like your boyfriend...how about that! ;)))
    Anyway, I like your blog and your ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so gorgeous! That Lion is too cute ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just at Ulta yesterday...all of their polishes (Ulta brand) are only $2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @kikie, I'm glad you like the manicures and ideas! All Leo's are welcome around here. I get along with them really well :)

    @Jennius, thank you so much! :)

    @Dawn, I got a few more Ulta polishes at this sale as well :)
    If buy 5 of them and use the #3.50 of $10 coupon you end up with 5 polishes for $6.50... can't beat that :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...