After I posted this really quick dotted manicure last week I was quite surprised by the number of people that that thought it was time consuming. Sometimes the simplest things can seem deceivingly complicated and I wanted to show just how quick and easy it is to create this look...
- Two polishes of your choice. I used OPI My Vampire is Buff for the base and I Saw…U Saw…We Saw…Warsaw for the rest
- Dotting tool (or dotting tool alternative)
- Apply desired number of layers of base coat color (OPI My Vampire is Buff pictured here)
- Using the nail polish brush, paint a thin line along the tip using the 2nd color (OPI I Saw…U Saw…We Saw…Warsaw used for this manicure)
- Starting in the center of the nail slightly below the tip and working out towards the edge, add dots in a gentle curve
- Add dots to complete the curve along the nail line
- Starting at the center of the nail again, add dots as shown above
- More dots to mirror what was done in step 5...
- Using the dotting tool add overlapping dots to create a line
- Still working with the dotting tool, add overlapping dots to create a small oval and two dots.
- Finish with a top coat and enjoy!
Note: Starting each time from the center and working out toward the edge helps to ensure that I stay as symmetrical as possible. Whenever I start at the edge it comes out much more lopsided....
Let me know what you think of this tutorial.
Did I make it look easier or even harder?
I hope you give this a try! Send me a link/photo if you do! I'd love to see it...
As always, don't hesitate to ask questions if something is not clear.
Thanks for looking!
** Polishes were provided to me for review by the manufacturer or their PR. **
** For more information please see the disclosure policy **