- Push pins - these can create very fine dots, just be careful not to pin yourself in the process
- Toothpick or wooden barbecue skewer
- Plastic dental pick
- Mechanical pencil (0.5mm) - I actually use this a lot even when I have a dotting nearby
- Mechanical pencil (0.7mm)
- Paper clip
- Old pen - might not work afterwards, so don't try with a pen you love...
- Small flat head pin - stuck into the eraser end of a pencil to prevent painful pricks...
- Round head pin - also stuck into an eraser...
- Brush handle tip
What other things have you tried making dots with?
Hopefully this is useful for some of you!
Let me know if you are interested in seeing other random tips & tricks for nail art...