Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday Snowmen

Just a quick post today with some holiday nail art I did recently. I was thinking about families spending time together this holiday season and that somehow manifested itself as little snowmen on my nails. Maybe it is a sign that I have not been spending enough time with my family recently. On the other hand, maybe it just means I'm ready to head to the mountains and play in the snow. Whatever the reason behind it, I really enjoyed this manicure...


For the manicure I used NYC Pier 17 as the base. All of the drawing was done using acrylic paint and a small nail art brush. I really like the pop of white against the dark blue background...


On a completely whiny side note, I wish my nails were at least a little bit longer than they are now. I don't like doing nail art when my nails are this short, but they are not liking the cold and keep breaking so I have to settle for nail art on these shorties...



NYC Pier 17 is a dark navy blue shimmer. It has just the slightest hint of purple which my camera did not pick up. The shimmer itself is perfect and seems to glow from within. Application was good and it only needed two coats for full coverage. The first coat went on patchy, but it all evened out by the second coat. I'm really impressed with the color and I really like the flattened brush. I don't have very many NYC polishes, but I might have to change that if they are all like this one...




Swatch Details
Brand: NYC New York Color
Collection: In a New York Color Minute
Color Name/Number: Pier 17, 208
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

15 comments:

  1. Wow, this is one perfectly executed nail art, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! :)

    http://www.komabunny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, those are so cute! And, I have several bottles of NYC polish - including their matte top coat & I love 'em! Especially for the price :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girly Bits shared your photo and link. Wow! You did an amazing job! Adorable! Now I'll be following you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much ladies! I'm so happy that you like the snowmen. Sometimes a little freehand nail art is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I'm just stunned, I love it! Looks like a picture from a Christmas postcard :) I love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an adorable little scene :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you like it! Thank you very much ladies for your sweet comments :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...