Monday, May 23, 2011

Zoya Kelly

There was so much hype about this polish in 2010, that I just had to try it. That's right, I'm late at jumping on the bandwagon, but that's how I am. I won't just get something to get it, I have to want to try it. So I finally tried Zoya Kelly for the 1st time today. For those of you who have not seen it swatched/talked about before, it is a deep bluish gray. Very sophisticated, gorgeous color. I have to admit it, I love how it looks... maybe I should follow the trend more next time ;)

The formula on this one is amazing. It applied like a dream, no dragging, not streaking. Two coats to get it to be fully opaque and actually darker than the bottle color. These photos are after two coats plus a top coat.



Looking at the light-box photos made me think that it would look amazing matted... need to get a matte top coat stat!!! :)

I did decide to accent it with some stamped flowers using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Gunmetal. I used plate M71 from the Born Pretty Store. After all, I do need a lot more practice stamping before my Bundle Monster plates arrive. So excited :D



Here is how lovely Kelly looks outside (overcast)...




So do you follow the trend every time or on your own time?

Brand:
Collection:
Color Name/Number:

Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) and Camphor free
Vegan friendly

Thanks for stopping by,
Anutka :)

6 comments:

  1. The polish is lovely and your stamping is absolutely beautiful! I love how subtle yet stunning it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great color! Love the subtle stamping over it too! color looks wonderful on you as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this color. Seriously I reach for this one a lot. Just gorgeous on you. oh and the stamping is like a secret surprise, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I had fun with the stamper :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stamping. It's so subtle yet sophisticated!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! This is my favorite stamping so far :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...