- 2 polishes. I used Nicole by OPI My Sol Shines Brighter and Live in the Momentum
- Dotting tool. Don't have a dotting tool? Check out these dotting tool alternatives
- Start out with a base of 1-2 coats of your lighter shade.
(The coral Nicole by OPI My Sol Shines Brighter is shown here)
- Using the second shade, paint a diagonal line across your nail and fill in toward the tips. Don't worry if this is not perfectly straight because it will be covered up by dots.
(The blue shown here is Nicole by OPI Live in the Momentum)
- With a dotting tool dipped into your second color (ie. blue), add dots along the edge of the diagonal. Leave some space in between the dots as shown above.
- Dip the dotting tool into your first color (ie. coral) and place a dot on your second color between two of the dots created in step 3.
- Repeat step 4 to add dots along the edge of your second color, in between the dots of the second color created in step 3.
- Add a top coat and enjoy!
I think my instructions might be a bit confusing, but it is really easy once you actually do it, so don't let them intimidate you! Give it a try and I would love to see how it turns out! If you post on Instagram, tag me #lookwackylaki and I will be sure to see your creations.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
P.S. You can find lots of my other tutorials here!
Thanks for looking!
** Polishes were provided to me for review by the manufacturer or their PR. **
** For more information please see the disclosure policy **