Saturday, January 24, 2015

Born Pretty Store Stamping Plate Review

Hi Everyone! I'm feeling sleepless in Seattle right now with lots of stuff on my mind that I would rather not think about, so I decided to write this post as a distraction. So far I am managing to keep up with my New Year's resolution of little by little showing you my stamping plate collection. Today I would like to show you Born Pretty stamping plates. Born Pretty Store has long been know to sell a variety of stamping plates from other lines, but it wasn't until late last year that they released their own branded plates. And speaking of random plates from Born Pretty Store, it seems so long ago now, but it was a promo offer of a free stamping plate from the Born Pretty Store that started my stamping addiction. Oh how time flies! Check out my first attempt at stamping here!

Born Pretty Store originally released 25 plates, then added another 10 around Thanksgiving and just a few days ago released another 20 for a total of 55 BP plates available right now. I've got the first 35 to show you today and more are on the way for a future post. With the success that they are having over these stamping plates, I expect to see more releases in the future!

Now on to the plates themselves. They measure 5.6 cm in diameter, which is the most common size for stamping plates. Each of the stamping plates comes with the standard blue protective film which must be removed prior to use. That is a 'tip' that I learned early on and as evidenced by that 1st stamping attempt linked above. Still rolling my eyes on that one. These plates come with a plastic backing to avoid sharp edges and include the Born Pretty name and website.


The plates feature a large variety of images and to be completely honest have excited me more than a lot of the sets coming out lately from better known brands. These plates can be purchased in bundles or individually which is another bonus. I obviously chose to purchase them all, but I love that they give the option to purchase single plates for those on a budget or just looking for specific designs. Although they retail for $2.99 per plate (or $1.60-$2 per plate in bundles), they are often on sale for just $0.99 and that is when I snag them up. I'll add links for purchasing at the bottom of the post.

As you can see, the plate have a large variety of image sizes and layouts. Besides the gorgeous designs, part of the reason I love these plates is for the way they seem to utilize as much of the plate surface as possible. In other words, they are not locked into a specific layout (for example 4 full size and 2 small images on each plate) that can be commonly seen. Additionally, the detail of these images is fantastic. They will work equally well if you have short nail or longer ones. One of my pet peeves are XL images that are so blown up that very little of the design will show up for ladies with short nails. These don't have that problem.

The full nail images differ in size. The smallest are on BP-01 and measure 12x16mm (snowflake image). The rest of the plates have full size images that are 15mm by 19-20mm which in my opinion is a great size. Just to give you a comparison, the Bundle Monster full size images are 14x17mm, so slightly smaller than these.

I'll stop the blabbing for now and just let you see the plates. You can click on any of these images to zoom in for a closer view...










So what did you think of those images? Beautiful, right?

I suppose I should mention that these stamp very well. Although I have not tried every image, I have not had any issues with the plates/images that I have tried. The detail picks up beautifully. You can see a few of my manicures with these plates below...

As I was going through them, I noticed a few dupe images to plates that I already own. One in particular that caught my eye is the drip pattern which was featured on plate BM-405, of the first Bundle Monster Create Your Own plate set. Why did it catch my eye? Well because I created it by hand using a program on my computer so I know it is not a stock image. It was in fact one of my winning entries in the Bundle Monster contest. I was rather amused to see it on the Born Pretty plates. Obviously I gave up my rights for the image to Bundle Monster and if they made it a stock image or sold it, it is their right or maybe it was just ripped off which happens so frequently with stamping plates. Quite frankly I'm excited to have this image on the Born Pretty plate because it is smaller!! I was thrilled of course to see it in the Bundle Monster set, but rather disappointed at the scale of it. It is a smaller side image in the Born Pretty plate and will work much more as I had originally intended. Yay!

Here left to right is the Bundle Monster plate BM-405, Born Pretty plate BP-29 and my original design...



Another dupe I noticed is the anchor/stripes pattern from Bundle Monster plate BP-407 which appears on Born Pretty plate BP-33. It is also from the same Bundle Monter Create Your Own set, so I assume is someone's original work?


I got these plates right around the holidays, so as you can see a lot of the manicures that I've done so far center around that theme. As I add more manicures, you'll be able to see them here, under BP Plates tag...


These plates are available from the Born Pretty Store. Their individual retail price is $2.99 each, but they are often on sale for $0.99, if you don't mind waiting.

Additionally they can be purchased in bundles which retail for $9.99 for 5 plates (bundle 11-15 only) and $15.99 for 10 plates (all other bundles). These are also often on sale for $5 and $10 for the 5-piece and 10-piece bundles, respectively.
Bundles: 01-10, 11-15, 16-25, 26-35, 36-45, 46-55

I've already ordered the newest plates, 36 through 55, which were just released on January 20th so stay tuned for a continuation of this review!

If you are purchasing these at full price, you can use my 10% off code, AG5J61. The code does not apply when they are on sale.

What do you think of these plates? Will you grab them all, select just a few or pass on them all together?

P.S. I have already seen dupes of these plates on both Ebay and AliExpress (often with different plate letters, but same number). As I have not tried any of these, I will advise you to proceed at your own risk if you go that route.

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)


** Nothing to disclose. Stamping plates were purchased with my own money. **
** For more information please see the disclosure policy **

5 comments:

  1. I also noticed that two images from BP-30 are dupes: the sort of striped pattern and peacock feathers. The original images are from MoYou London plates: I believe, they're from Princess and Tropical collection.
    It actually bothers me a bit:( BPS have some great unique images, why copy others? I hate having repeat images on the plates I own (and of course, I must own those MoYou plates)), but I can't resist BPS prices and good quality)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the plates very much, they are a good low cost option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've contemplated buying these for some time, and your positive review is "the last drop" :) Now I'll definitely order some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, re: BM plates dupes. I talked to their rep some weeks ago, because one of my winning patterns for CYO2014 was copied by another manufacturer and I asked whether they in fact did licensed those and no, they don't licence their designs to anyone. It's plain copy-catting and if you want, you can let them know about it. I know they contacted that one manufacturer, who copied mine, and the auctions with that plate were put down across aliexpress and has yet to resurface. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...