I finally recovered from the failed gel-off clips and decided to try my luck with another brand. The price is just right and I figured I wouldn't loose much if they also failed. I have been using these for the past few months and find myself reaching for them time and time again!
I purchased these Nail clips here on Ebay from the Lily Yang Store. If you are not already familiar with this Ebay store, I suggest you take a few minutes to browse through their products. I often come back to this store for all sorts of rhinestones, brushes and other nail art accessories.
The Nail clips are sold in a pack of ten and are available in 3 different colors: white, purple and pink. Note the store listing also has "rose red" clips, but those are different, so try at your own risk. As you can see, I decided to purchase the purple clips. The "reusable keeper" as advertised on the package is simply the plastic insert that separates them. I found it unnecessary and chose to just keep my clips in a drawer next to the cotton wipes.
All of the clips are the same size, which if anything is my only complaint about these. They are a bit tight on my thumbs so I would have liked a couple of the clips to be slightly larger. The clips are simple alligator clips with a spring inside. The spring is strong and easily holds the clip on the nail. The inside is ribbed for better grip on the cotton/removal wipes. This photo is after many uses of the clips and the plastic is holding up perfectly against acetone...
A quick illustration on how to use these clips...
You will need:
- Acetone or nail polish remover. I use my own mix of acetone+glycerin remover.
- Cotton wipes. I used cotton squares which I cut into quarters for a perfect fit over the nails.
- Nail clips
- Soak the cotton in nail polish remover and lay over the nail to cover it completely
- Pinch open the nail clip and place it over the fingertip
- Repeat steps 1-2 on the rest of the fingers. Work one hand at a time so that you will have one hand free for the rest of the steps.
Wait 3-5 minutes for the acetone to soak through the glitter. (I tend to browse Instagram during this step and end up loosing track of time. Come say hi to me on IG @WackyLaki!)
- Pinch open the clip and remove it from the fingertip
- Apply gentle pressure over the cotton wrap and twist gently from side to side as you slide the wrap off toward the tip of the nail.
- All done! Majority (if not all) of the glitter should be on the cotton leaving you with nice clean nails!
Thanks for looking and as always, I would love to know what you think of this!