Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wish Nail Art Challenge!

A little while ago I received and invitation to participate in a nail art contest for Wish. It is a clothing boutique that asked nail bloggers to create a manicure inspired by their collection. Although I didn't intend to participate because I don't particularly like popularity style contests, I still thought it would be fun to try my hand at interpreting one of their looks from the Butterfly Effect collection...


A few things in this outfit caught my eye, the sheer stringy mesh at the top and the contrast in finish between the top and skirt. I'm not sure I captured them well enough, but the idea was there. I used acrylic paint and a small detail brush to draw the stringy detail at the base of the nail. Then, using Zoya Dovima, a matte black, I painted about two thirds of the nail. I ran a stripe of top coat across the tip to create a slight contrast in the black....





What do you think, did I manage to capture the outfit inspiration in my manicure?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job, this is really the same in concept as the outfit!

    My nail polish blog nails-and-more.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies! I'm glad that you like this manicure and my interpretation of the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...