Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day and Sunday Stamping

First I would like to wish all the moms out there a very Happy Mother's Day! I wish you all a wonderful day and hope you get spoiled as you deserve! May you always 'bee' happy! :)

The manicure today had a lot of self-imposed requirements to meet. I wanted it to be Spring-like, have flowers for Mother's Day and use a stamping plate ending in 5 (the theme for today's Sunday Stamping challenge in the group Adventures in Stamping). I'm quite happy to say that all the requirements were met and I can rest easy.


For the manicure I started out with a peachy gradient created using Elf polishes. Scroll down for details on polishes used. Then, for the stamping I used the flower pattern from Bundle Monster plate BM-205. Spring colors... check! Flowers... check! Plate ending in 5... check! Yay!


My original intent was to stamp the flower pattern twice, using the lightest and the darkest colors from the gradient. I had hoped that it would smoothly fade into the gradient on each end. This didn't work too well and the stamping was hardly visible so I stamped a third time using Wet 'n Wild French White Creme. The white is mostly what is visible in the photos, but if you click to zoom in you can see some of the other layers. After I was done with the flowers, I added the bee using Shany plate SH05 with Wet 'n Wild Black Creme. Second plate ending in 5... do I get bonus points here?


The gradient itself was created using three out of the four polishes in the Elf set that I acquired on my recent trip to Chicago. I started out with Elf Coral Dream (lightest color) as the base and then sponged the gradient using Coral Dream, Party Peach and Smokin Hot (from base to tips). The gradient was quite bumpy when I was done (and I wanted it smooth for photos), so I used two layers of clear polish followed by a quick drying top coat. Oh for the love of a good photo... Do all these layers make my nails look fat?... :D




I'd love to know your thoughts on this mani!

Do you have anything special planned for Mother's Day? I will be enjoying some breakfast brunch with my Mom this afternoon :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

20 comments:

  1. ahhhh...this is SO CUTE! Great stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that gradient is so perfect! These are so gorgeous. I might have to add a few of those polishes to my wish list :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. really love how you combine the gradient and the stamping!!! lovely soft shades

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww the bee is so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the colours you used. They blend together so well and they look flawless. The little bee has the cutest face :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gradient and the flower stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gradient is perfect, your nails are always beautiful!
    I am a mother to, my girl is 5 years old, so I spent the day with her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so amazing! Love the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone! I'm loving gradients since I've learned how to make them have smooth transitions. And the bee just has such a happy little face :)

    @Manases Andrea, I got to spend part of the day with my 5 y/o nephew. It is such a great age. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. that bee is super cute *.*
    perfect gradient, wish mine can look like that :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daahhhh!! That little bee is the cutest :) This mani makes me smile. Beautiful as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  12. heheh! Thanks girls. I'm glad you like the little bee :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm catching up on some long overdue posts... I thought the gradient was splendid... and then you stamp it and the buzzing bee is the perfect fun little touch

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish do perfect gradient nails, as you do! The bee is perfect, I need these Shany plates! Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you girls! I'm definitely having fun with gradients lately :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...