Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm home!

I'm finally home after a week long trip of vising family in Chicago and attending a gorgeous wedding. I am so thrilled that I got to go and wish the newlyweds all the best! I had scheduled posts for my time away and intended to reply to comments while there, but I ended up with no internet access. I did borrow a smart phone here and there, but I'm seriously incapable of functioning on those so I couldn't respond. I will be catching up with all your comments as soon as I can :)

Since being back I have things to catch up on at home and I've had to work longer hours to make up for some of the time off so I have no manicures to show you. Instead I want to show you just a few photos from the trip. It was my first trip to Chicago and I really fell in love with the city...


Baha'i Temple that is absolutely stunning. We got lucky with the weather, it was sunny although really cold...


View of downtown through the fog...


I did end up coming home with a few new polishes. A set of 4 elf polishes and three Spoiled polishes: The Parking Meteor Expired, Toad-ally Amazing, and Are Mermaids Real?

The Spoiled polishes are CVS exclusive and we are not privy enough to have a CVS in Seattle so I'm excited to get my hands on these. There were a lot of other beautiful colors in the Spoiled line, but the ones that caught my eye were either dupes to existing Wet 'n Wild polishes (the parent company to Spoiled) or looked like dupes to Sinful Colors polishes. I tried not to get dupes, but I did end up getting Toad-ally Amazing which I am now convinced is a dupe to Sinful Colors Mint Apple...


I will hopefully catch up with what I need to do soon so I can come back to blogging, commenting, and being a better follower of other blogs. I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment at how many unread blog posts I have in my reader. :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

9 comments:

  1. that's so awesome that you got to visit chicago! i want to go someday, especially to check out the sneaker scene there and all the sneaker shops :D have fun with your new spoiled polishes! i hope you got the ones where the brushes aren't as crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My home town! Glad you enjoyed it! Sorry you didn't get good weather; it's really hit or miss here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous to see those Spoiled!! lol! Stupid WA not having any CVS's!! That purple one is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool elf set! I hope I see it soon in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sneakerette, the brushes are pretty nuts in these, but the colors are so nice. I've never heard of the sneaker scene, but I hope you get to go :)

    @Jen, your hometown is beautiful! I love it :)

    @Biba, thank you! :)

    @Manases Andrea, thanks so much!

    @Angie, I know they need at least one in Seattle (or a bit up north) :) The purple is pretty. If I go somewhere they have these, I'll grab one for you :)

    @starification, I just saw these at Big Lots a few days ago. Actually was cheaper than what I paid for it.. :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great vacation ... it is nice to bring 'polish souvenirs' home with you

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Marta, definitely! I didn't get much time for shopping, but I knew I had to visit a CVS for some Spoiled colors. The e.l.f. was just icing on the cake :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...