Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Stamping: The Sky's the Limit

It is Sunday again, which means another edition of Sunday Stamping in the group Adventures in Stamping. The challenge for today is "The Sky's the Limit." The title first had me fooled into thinking it was a free for all, but turns out it had to be something sky related including things that can be found in the sky such as clouds, birds, etc...


I was still not ready to part with my Barielle Falling Star manicure from a few days ago and it fit the theme perfectly so I just went with it. I sponged the tips using China Glaze In Awe of Amber. Then using Pure Ice Silver Mercedes I stamped the moon and the stars. Silver Mercedes by the way is my new absolute favorite stamping silver! The moon and tiny stars surrounding it come from Shany plate SH08. The larger stars are from an ebay plate M08. I'm quite happy with how this turned out considering that I'm still not feeling well enough to sit still for something more complicated...



Here is what it looked like before the stamping. I think the copper sponged tips really bring out the copper glitter in this blue polish...




I would love to know what you think of this mani!

Is it just me or does it look like the glitter sprinkled down and settled at the tips?...

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

14 comments:

  1. Iit's gorgeous! I like the color combo a lot, and the stars are cute :) i love nails with a starry pattern ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colour combination! You're right the bronze tips really do bring out the flecks in Falling Star

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gradient with blue and copper! Who would have thought they look so awesome together?! The moon and the stars are perfect! Great manicure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your interpretation for this Sunday's stamping challenge! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really beautiful!! I love moon and stars designs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's beautiful and I'm going to copy it as soon as I can. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This design is very lovely and the color combination is just perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a clever idea!! love what you did as the base!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies! I'm glad you like the blue/copper combo as much as I do. I love being inspired by the polish itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really come up with some great combinations. I like brown and blue and wouldn't normally pair these shades together, and yet you make me go: WOW... that really words splendidly together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Marta, thank you! It was the little copper glitter that made me do it. I wouldn't normally put them together either :)

    @FrugallyMe, thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...