Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tutorial: Flower Field

I had promised to do a tutorial for this flower manicure from challenge Day14 a few weeks ago, but got wrapped up in all the Halloween fun and didn't get around to it, so here it is. Hopefully better late than never :)


Supplies:
- For the colors I used: Sally Hansen - Mint Sorbet, Wet n Wild - French White Creme, Ulta Professional - Green With Envy, Sinful Colors - Envy, Barielle - Tight Knit, Two-Way Nail Art Pen in Yellow

- Detail brush, mine is size #000
- Piece of faux seafoam sponge (or cosmetic wedge)
Step 1:
- Apply desired number of coats of base color.

- I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet
Step 2:
- With the white draw petals to create a basic daisy shape

- I used Wet n Wild French White Creme for the petals
Step 3:
- Draw desired number of daises
Step 4:
- With a dark green, draw stems from each daisy to the tip of the nail
- Add a few extra stems without flowers as desired

- I used Ulta Professional Green With Envy for the stems
Step 5:
- Add a yellow dot at the center of the flower
- You can do this using a toothpick, dotting tool, or Nail Art Pen as I did
Step 6:
- With a brown polish add a small outline above the yellow at the top of the flower center

- For this I used Barielle Tight Knit
Step 7:
- Place a dot of green polish on a disposable work surface such a piece of paper or plastic
- Tap the sponge into the polish to work it into the sponge
- Gently tap the sponge on the tip of the nail.
- Don't forget that you can always add more color, but you can't take it off, so be gentle :)

- For sponging I used Sinful Colors Envy
Done!
- Add a top coat and you are done!

As always, I'd love to hear your thought, comments and suggestions!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

13 comments:

  1. That looks so cute ! Thanks for the great tutorial ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Thank you for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable. Loved the tutorial. I think i will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! If you try the tutorial, please let me know how it goes! I would love to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this design, it's so cute! Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are welcome! I'd love to see if you try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! THE FINE DETAIL! WOW!
    What a dainty and incredible look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you girls! You are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve featured your beautiful nail art design on my recent post “50+ Spring & Easter Nail Art Ideas & Inspiration” here:
    http://sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com/2012/03/50-spring-easter-nail-art-ideas.html

    I can’t wait to see what you make next! If you create any more looks like this that you think fall into the Spring and or Easter category, post links on my Facebook wall or comment on the post and I’ll add them and the links in the post! Keep up the great work!

    <3 The Sparkle Queen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work, Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...