Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Comparing the sheers

I love these light colors. They usually look great with my skin tone. I have tried a few that I wasn't a fan off, but these four have been my go to colors when I need something quick and clean looking. I did a swatch of NYC Nail Glossies 215 yesterday, so I thought I would do a quick comparison to my other light colors.

The colors are as follows:
Index: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Sheer Vanilla
Middle: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Sheer Ivory
Ring: N.Y.C. Nail Glossies 215 (wish they would name it)
Pinkie: No brand "French Pink" that came in a gift set someone gave me :)



I did three coats of each polish, except for the French Pink which was four coats. Even with the four coats though, it was the lightest of the bunch, with the most visible nail line. Non of them completely covered the nail line, however, as they are all pretty sheer. No complaints on application for any of them. NYC had the best brush in my humble opinion, just a tad wider than the rest and slightly flattened.

Both of the SH colors were nice and creamy. Sheer Vanilla is just a bit off white, giving it a nice soft look. Sheer Ivory is more toward beige. Had it been any more yellow, it wouldn't be a keeper for me. NYC is very similar to Sheer Vanilla except that it has a very subtle micro shimmer. French Pink is very, very light as evident by the number of coats it took. However, it is probably my 1st choice when doing a traditional french mani. It is just enough to soften the stark white without covering it completely.

My favorite for everyday wear is definitely NYC. I just love the shimmer when the sun hits it... here is hoping for more sunny days in Seattle :)

Take care!
Anutka

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...