Saturday, March 8, 2014

Happy International Women's Day!

It is March 8th which means International Women's Day! I wish all the wonderful women out there a day filled with love, happiness and good fortune!

It seemed appropriate to show you a flowery manicure today. I actually created this a few weeks ago in response to a prompt by Nail It! magazine for a chance to be featured in the next issue. I won't know if this made it into the magazine or not until it hits the news stands in a few months, but regardless I'm quite excited about how it turned out...


To create this manicure, I started out with a base of Rimmel London Wild Orchid. I picked it for the color, but the perfect fitting name didn't hurt either. I stamped the orchids from MoYou London Pro XL plate 14 using KleanColor White.


When I bought this stamping plate, I honestly didn't think I would be reaching for this image because it seemed sort of flat and lacking detail for me. I kept wishing that instead of solid petals it was outlines so that I could create decals and color them as I wished. It wasn't until my new found love of adding detail after I stamp that I finally realized this image was perfect just as it is. Adding the detail after stamping turned out to be even easier than decals would have been...


I used acrylic paint and a small detail brush to add the yellow centers as well as the fuchsia and pink dashed lines on the petals. This gave the flowers so much dimension and really brought them to life..



Rimmel London Wild Orchid
A violet/orchid cream. This has a smooth and creamy formula which was completely opaque in two coats. This lacquer has been in my untried stash for years now and I'm glad to finally give it the spotlight it deserves. It is a gorgeous cream and perfect for spring, not to mention that it is the Pantone color of the year! Swatches are two coats with a top coat...



Swatch Details
Brand: Rimmel London
Collection: Lasting Finish Pro
Color Name/Number: Wild Orchid, 370
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Happy March 8th Ladies!!!
С 8 Марта!!!

I hope you like this manicure! Let me know what you think of it in the comments below! :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

18 comments:

  1. С 8 марта! Прекрасный весенний маникюр!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great base color, and love the detailed stamp, just awesome!
    Happy IWD to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really glad that you like it :)

      Delete
  3. nice mani
    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rimmel London Wild Orchid is gorgeous! And I love your manicure! :-) Happy International Women's Day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet comments! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow - great work! This design is beautiful!

    xo Brianna | www.glazedoverbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. С 8 Марта! Очень женственный и весенний маникюр!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this one it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous mani :) have a great spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow I've never seen anything like this before!
    This is so creative and I think you've done a wonderful job creating this nail art :)
    I love this manicure, your nails look soo great <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julia! I'm so glad that you are enjoying my nail art! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...