Hi There! Today's little trick/tutorial has been waiting to be posted since back in August of last year when I created this dotty trees manicure. I can't believe that I'm just now getting around to posting this. Shame on me! :)
I picked up this trick from a stamping group, Adventures in Stamping and thought I would pass it on to all of you. I pretty sure it was first posted by Beaching Nails who is the guru on all sorts of stamping tricks. I learn so much from her and encourage everyone to follow her. Be warned though, she will make you want every stamping plate ever made!
Now on to the trick...
Rather than using acetone to cleanup the cuticles after stamping, try adhesive tape to minimize the mess...
1. This is what my fingers often look like after stamping a full nail image.
2. Press a piece of sticky tape, such as Scotch tape, over the excess stamped pattern around the nail bed
3. Gently peel off the tape and the polish will lift off the skin also
4. Repeat steps 2-3 around the nail
5. Cleanup the remainder with a brush and acetone
I find this trick works best when stamping with cream polishes as they are more likely to lift off the skin in larger pieces. Although this method does work for metallic stamping polishes, they don't lift off as cleanly as creams and it ends up being more time consuming for me.
Most often, I use this technique when stamping with dark colors such as black or with colors that stain and get messy when they come in contact with acetone...
I hope you find this little trick helpful!
Thanks for looking!