Mont Bleu Crystal Nail Files
The nail files are made in the Czech Republic which is well known for producing the best crystal nail files. Not only are these Mont Bleu files some of the most beautiful ones I have seen, decorated with Swarovski crystals, but they work extremely well. I have been using these for a few weeks now and they make the chore of filing my nails are pleasant one. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good crystal nail file.
I'm not sure what the exact grit of these files is, but they feel very fine. The larger file is slightly coarser than the mini, but neither one can be classified as coarse or even medium grit. I was able to take down a significant amount of length with ease using the larger file. The smaller file would be appropriate for finer details/finishing touch or to carry around in your purse...
For the past 3 years I have been using crystal nail files almost exclusively and these Mont Bleu files rival some of my favorites. I thought I would do a quick comparison of the files that I own...
Left to right:
- BioSwiss - I'm not sure this even deserves a mention. Although it was called it a "crystal" nail file, the sandy surface started to rub off during my first use leaving behind just bald glass. I only kept it around because I've been meaning to write a post about crystal nail file and wanted to include it. It is currently in the trash can waiting for the next garbage day. Similarly I have purchased nail files made in China from Ebay that have all met a similar fate. Don't waste your money!
- Sephora - This was my first decent nail file. It is much coarser than others I have tried and I'm not certain as to where it is manufactured. The file is single sided (which is why you are seeing "sephora" upside down since I wanted the file part facing up). Because it is coarser grit this has been my go to file for taking down any significant amount of nail length. I believe Sephora has revised their crystal files and I'm not sure if the new version is the same grit, etc.
- Mont Bleu - This file is much finer than the Sephora one, but slightly coarser than the NailTek which is next in line. It combines what I love about both the Sephora and the NailTek files into one. As I mentioned already I was able to use it for easily taking down quite a bit of nail length, but it is also fine enough that I can use it for the fine tuning details.
- NailTek - This has been my go to file for the finishing touch after taking down the desired length with the Sephora file. It is too fine for me to do any significant filing. The file is very well made and works perfectly to seal in the nail edge. I do credit crystal nail files for keeping my nails from splitting.
- Minis - I will group these into one category as I did not find much difference between them. They are all very fine and not meant for significant filing. They are nice for a finishing touch or on the go. The one from Cult Nails currently resides in my purse because it was the only one that came with a hard protective case and I feel safe carrying it around without the fear it will break. The hand painted file was gifted to me and similarly to Mont Bleu is made in the Czech Republic. The minis are cute, but not often used...
Mont Bleu Glass Foot File
As much time as I spend on my manicures, my footsies largely go neglected. They never felt as pampered as they've been for the past few weeks with this file. It is much more pleasant to use than the old pumice stone or other torture devices I have tried. Aside from those crude instruments, I don't have much of a basis to compare this file too. All I can say is that my feet and I love it...
These are nice, sharp tweezers that do their job well. And this here ladies (and gentlemen?) is why I am a nail blogger and not a beauty blogger. I'm at a loss of what to say about the tweezers besides that their points meet perfectly, they grab things easily and they are pretty to look at. There is nothing overly unique about the tweezers themselves besides that they are beautifully decorated with Swarovski crystals.
These and many, many other products are available at Design Glassware by Mont Bleu
Have you tried Mont Bleu crystal nail files before? What do you think of them?
I would love to read your comments so don't hesitate to leave one down below!
Thanks for looking!
** Products were provided to me for review by the manufacturer or their PR. **
** For more information please see the disclosure policy **