Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Stamping: Gold, Silver & Bronze

It is official, some manicure should just stay in my head and never be translated onto nail. I think this is one of them. This week the in the group Adventures in Stamping the challenge was to create a mani with gold, silver or bronze. Naturally my mind went straight to the Olympics and dreaming up this mess, which I swear looked much better in my head...


Don't get me wrong, I do like some aspects of this manicure including the purple stamped background to match the ribbons of the medals and the Olympic rings on my pinkie finger. I just don't like the complete look. I think what bugs me the most are the uneven nail tips. Ugh! They didn't translate so well onto the nail, but I really did intend for them to be uneven to match the podium height variation. Somehow they look more like football nails to me than ones worthy of the Olympics...


Just in case you want to know, I started out with a base of Sparitual Star Gazer and stamped over it with Nicole by OPI Iris My Case, a pretty duochrome which I will show soon. The stamping pattern is one of random lines from the Bundle Monster plate BM-316. Then I stamped the numbers using Shany plate SH07 and Cosmetic Arts unnamed gold (1), Pure Ice Silver Mercedes (2), and Sparitual Running with Wolves (3). The tips were added by taping off the nails and using colors to match each number...


The background of the nail was inspired by the ribbon of the gold medal... I might have to recreate the pattern again at some point...


SpaRitual Star Gazer is a beautiful deep purple with a silvery glitter. Formula on this was nice, but allow extra time between coats to prevent dragging. I didn't notice the bald spot on my middle finger nail until I was taking photos. Two coats for full opacity. The glitter dries a bit gritty so I would suggest a nice coat or two of top coat to even it out. I have lots of purples in my collection, but this one is made unique but the glitter. The glitter is barely noticeable on the nail though, unless you are a weirdo like me who likes studying polish contents...




Swatch Details
Brand: SpaRitual
Collection: main line
Color Name/Number: Star Gazer
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) + 100% Vegan

Ok, be honest! I'd love to know what you think of my Olympic mani attempt...

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

8 comments:

  1. I actually think it looks really awesome! It just took me a minute to figure out why it said 213. First I thought "2013 Olympics without the 0... wait it's 2012..." But once I figured it out I loved it. I LOVE the idea of the gold, silver, and bronze tips in various sizes, and the Olympic rings look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool mani, I think it looks awesome! Very creative =) I love the Spa Ritual you used as a base, I can't resist a purple with a bit of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks really cool! Great job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what you're talking about these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are crazy! I was so impressed by this mani when I saw it in my blog feed!! I love the uneven tips you did for the podium and the purple background matches the ribbon perfectly!! You did an awesome job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You girls are just the sweetest! I'm so thrilled that you like and and your comments are really encouraging! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...