- 3 polishes of your choice (Barielle Banana Drop, Lilac Jelly Bean, and Green Apple Chew used for this manicure)
- Striping tape in any color
- Makeup wedge or other sponge
- Apply desired number of coats of base color and allow to completely dry
- Cut and apply pieces of striping tape in a desired pattern
- Paint a stripe of each gradient color directly onto makeup wedge or sponge
- Gently tap the sponge over the nail moving it slightly back and forth to blend the gradient
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 by applying more polish to the sponge and gently tapping on the nail for a second coat of gradient. This helps build color opacity for the gradient
- While the polish is still wet, carefully remove the striping tape one piece at a time
- Using a Q-tip clean the cuticles of excess polish.
Tip: clean up any fine details with a brush as demonstrated here
- Add a layer of top coat (or two if the sponging is bumpy) and enjoy!
Thanks for looking!
** Polishes were provided to me for review by the manufacturer or their PR. **
** For more information please see the disclosure policy **