Friday, September 7, 2012

Fashion Friday: Coral Summer Wish

After last week's fashion inspired manicure, I seem to have gotten the message via everyone's sweet comments that you would like to see more of such fashion inspired posts. So, in response to that, I present you with another fashion inspired look. As usual, I stumbled upon this on Pinterest and the colors really caught my eye. With Fall so close on the horizon, this summery dress is just what I wish to hang onto...


When I first saw this dress I was pretty certain I would try it as a tape manicure, but the more I looked at it, it just didn't seem to fit. The strict lines of the tape wouldn't quite portray the movement of the dress. Instead I decided to try the "cloud" technique to hopefully capture some of the waves in the dress...


If you are not familiar with the cloud manicure, it was created by Jane for her blog Nailside which has swept through the nail blogging community like wildfire. I have been meaning to try it since she first posted it, but as most things I want to try, it just sat on the "to try" list. In a complete coincidence, when I pulled up Jane's tutorial to link in this post, I realized how close the color combination that she use is to this one...


For the colors I used e.l.f. Mango Madness for the base. Mango Madness is a bit more coral than orange as it appears in the photos. It more closely matches the color of the dress in real life than it does here. Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet and Colorama Missao Azul were used for the waves...




I hope you enjoyed this edition of Fashion Friday! I'd love to know what you think :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

7 comments:

  1. Nice approach on the cloud mani!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much this has a southwestern vibe to it, its got to be the color combination and your version of the cloud technique. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice color you choose and love how those patterns looked like they were stamped very lovely <3

    Love it as usual

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I'm really glad that you like my interpretation :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...