Friday, September 21, 2012

Color Club Take Wing Collection (Summer 2012)

It is officially the last day of summer and I could think of nothing better except to show you the beautiful Color Club Take Wing collection released this summer. I'm a bit sad that I didn't play with these sooner, but still quite happy to be sneaking it in at the last minute. I just refused to put them away alongside the sad unswatched collections from prior years. As usual the summer just went by too quickly and I'm not at all ready for it to end. Instead of dwelling on that thought, let me show you these fleck filled beauties...


Color Club Daisy Does It
A bright yellow with fleck gold. It is fairly sheer and still has a visible nail line after three coats. I have been loving yellow this summer and this is just gorgeous! No problems at all with application. I have the strangest urge to mix it in a franken for some golden flakes...




Swatch Details
Brand: Color Club
Collection: Take Wing
Color Name/Number: Daisy Does It
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Color Club Sparkle and Soar
A bright orange with a gold fleck. I'm at a loss for words on how to describe it. It is a brighter version of OPI Luxurious with bigger flecks. Application was great with three coats for almost full coverage. An absolutely stunning polish....




Just look at all the gold flecks crammed into this...



Swatch Details
Brand: Color Club
Collection: Take Wing
Color Name/Number: Sparkle and Soar
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Color Club Fly With Me
A bright chartreuse green with a lime shimmer. In the bottle the simmer appears teal and even flashes purple at some angles, but this didn't transfer to the nail. Still a beautiful color with a nice formula. Three coats gets you close to full coverage. I already used it for this leafy manicure here and I'm sure there will be more in the future...





Swatch Details
Brand: Color Club
Collection: Take Wing
Color Name/Number: Fly With Me
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Color Club Metamorphosis
A teal with teal to purple duochrome flecks. The purple shift is not as obvious on the nail as it is in the bottle. It appears mostly in lower and indirect light. In the swatches below it is most evident on my index finger. I was hoping it would actually be more prominent, but I'm not complaining. It is a beautiful color regardless. Three coats again for almost full coverage...




The purple shows up at the more extreme angles and almost appears to just sit on the surface of the nail...



Sigh! Look at the beauty in the bottle...


Swatch Details
Brand: Color Club
Collection: Take Wing
Color Name/Number: Metamorphosis
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Color Club Sky High
A bright metallic blue with a blue to purple duochrome shimmer. This is another one that teases with pretty colors in the bottle that don't translate as well to the nail. The purple shift is most visible at extreme angles and in dim light. Three coats for full coverage...




The purple again just seems to sit on the surface of the nail...



Swatch Details
Brand: Color Club
Collection: Take Wing
Color Name/Number: Sky High
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Color Club Wing Fling
A raspberry with pink shimmer. The bottle teased me with flashes of gold flecks, but they were nowhere to be found on the nail. Still a lovely color that I liked a lot more than expected. Application is very nice with three coats for good coverage...






Swatch Details
Brand: Color Club
Collection: Take Wing
Color Name/Number: Wing Fling
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Overall I'm really happy with this collection and I can definitely see it being used past the summer season for nail art. I'm crazy about those flecks!

What are your thoughts on the collection?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

7 comments:

  1. I got Sparkle and Soar but have yet to use it. Maybe I can break it out for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!! I wish Color Club was sold here :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love this collection - only shade I cannot wear is the teal - don't know why but teal shimmery polishes I look horrible in - gotta be a teal cream finish for me to pull it off. I freaked as this post was showing black with big minus signs in it yesterday for the photos. I refer to this one all the time since you posted it. Glad it's viewing for me today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the first (and only) full Color Club collection I ever bought. Because Rite Aide started to carry some of the CC collections now this past yr. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now I know why this and other older posts were not viewing for me! So sorry you lost all the photos. Those of us who get notice via email or bloglovin etc - those photos are goners and they don't 'refresh' like web site does now that you are going back and uploading all the zillions of photos. Again so sorry you had this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lulubelle, it would look gorgeous for halloween!

    @Patricia, thank you so much! I'm sorry you are not able to get your hands on them. I often feel the same way about European brands and so sad that they are not sold everywhere :(

    @TikiBarbie, thank you so much! I'm so glad you like it :)

    @beachgal, you are so sweet, I'm glad to be able to restore this reference for you! I think bloglovin' should restore the photos when I reload them. Unfortunately not much I can do about the email. Thank you so much for the support! I appreciate it more than you realize :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...