Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Stamping: Pet Day

After my failed Sunday Stamping attempt, I decided to rethink the mani and come up with something else. I was still set on a kitty manicure so I picked two other kitties that I liked. Somehow these are a little more Halloween to me which is why I didn't choose them at first, but I really like how this turned out...


For the base I used Zoya Carey and then randomly stamped skelly fish using Zoya Kelly to create a background pattern. I have been trying to find an occasion to use those skelly fish and I finally found one! I used the fish from Red Angel plate RA-107, but there is an identical one on Shany plate SH02. I'm sure lots of others out there as well. The cats were stamped with Wet 'n Wild Black Creme using Bundle Monster plate BM02 and Shany plate SH08. 


To finish the manicure, I felt it needed a black edge, but I didn't want to do full black tips. I tried something that I first saw done by The Nail Buff a long, long time ago. It is just like wrapping tips, but instead of using the base color, a contrasting color is used. I loved the way it looked on her manicure and have been meaning to try it ever since. It is very subtle here, but really finished off the manicure for me...


A few bonus swatches of Zoya Carey, a beautiful soft gray cream. Formula on this one is just perfect, very smooth. Two coats for full coverage. The swatches are with no top coat...




Thanks for looking and commenting!
Anutka :)

22 comments:

  1. That is one of the cutest things that I have ever seen!You did a Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Carey and the way you used the fish pattern! it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D You've find yourself a great substitute kitty! :D

    Nice manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. The whole thing. The tips are great. I have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! the skelly fish are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an adorable manicure, but now I have "Fish heads, fish heads" stuck in my brain! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this mani! Great idea for the skully fish background for the kitties. I did a kitty stamping a while ago and I would have love to have added something like this... to it to give it that little extra detail. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with these nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These turned out beautifully!! The skelly fish give it some really nice depth and playfulness, and the kitties are adorable. Wrapping the tips gives it a great finishing touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a cute idea! I love the designs you used, very kawaii and original :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything in this manicure, you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg Kitty!!! This is seriously cute. I am def a cat lover ... this makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really cute! Random question, what program do you use to watermark your photos?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really, really cool! Love how it's monochromatic yet visually interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS i really like the idea of have a "stamping day" :) especially on a relaxing Sunday afternoon <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love this! I am just starting out in the stamping world and this is just so inspiring. Plus I love kitties. Your mani is purr-fect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous manicure, love your cats and fish bones... that black line is great touch to it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    You are all so sweet :D

    @Joanna King, I use Photoshop to watermark, rotate and crop all my photos.

    @Karen Belia, If you like the idea of sunday stamping, check out the the Facebook group Adventures in Stamping and join us stamping addicts in a weekly sunday stamping challenge :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/aistamping/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...