Tuesday, May 15, 2012

e.l.f. Coral Polish Set

I think I may have broken some sort of record for myself. From purchasing a set to swatching it in less than a month. I'm issuing an official apology to all my other polish sets that have been waiting for a year to be swatched. I even have another e.l.f. set from last summer still untouched that is now giving me a guilt trip. This set would have probably joined the untried box as well if it was not for the Sunday Stamping manicure a few days ago that used three out of the four of these polishes...

Sadly this e.l.f. set does not have a unique name to identify it. I'm calling it the "coral" set. My bf called it the "carrot" set...


Coral Dream
A soft coral peach cream. The formula on this one was a bit thick and goopy, but still workable. I would thin it for next time. On the plus side, it only needed two coats for full, even coverage. The polish dries with a satin finish so the swatches are with a top coat for shine. There is something about this shade that makes my skin tone look darker. Easy way to fake a tan! :)




Swatch Details
Brand: e.l.f.
Collection: No Name 4 Piece set
Color Name/Number: Coral Dream
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Flirty Fuchsia
A coral pink cream. The formula has a bit of a jelly finish to give it shine. It does start out pretty sheer and requires three coats for full coverage. As a benefit, however, it is easier to apply than a thicker cream. Application was great, no streaking of balding.




Swatch Details
Brand: e.l.f.
Collection: No Name 4 Piece set
Color Name/Number: Flirty Fuchsia
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Party Peach
A bright orange cream. The formula on this is very similar to Flirty Fuchsia. Three coats for full coverage since it starts out a bit sheer. Same slight jelly finish for shine. Very easy to apply.




Swatch Details
Brand: e.l.f.
Collection: No Name 4 Piece set
Color Name/Number: Party Peach
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Smokin Hot
A poppy red cream. The color is hard to describe. In some light it looks more fuchsia in other light more coral. It is definitely a bit more red than the photos show (at least on my monitor). Love this color for summer. This also has a similar formula to the two above. Slight jelly cream, three coats for full coverage, very nice formula. I'm rockin this smokin hot color as my manicure today...




Swatch Details
Brand: e.l.f.
Collection: No Name 4 Piece set
Color Name/Number: Smokin Hot
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Overall I'm really impressed with this collection. The colors are perfect to put me in a summer mood as the weather has been nice these past few days...

Just in case you missed it, here is what a gradient consisting of Coral Dream, Party Peach and Smokin Hot can look like. For more photos of the gradient and some nail art, check out this post...


Let me know what you think of this!
Are all the bright colors putting you in a summer mood?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

13 comments:

  1. they are nice on their own but look amazing in a gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Smokin Hot! They are all beautiful, but the gradient is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Coral Dream! They are amazing in a gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Didn't even know ELF did sets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say, these are not colours I'd get for myself but I do find them very flattering on you, all of them! And that gradient looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Did you order it online or is this available in target? I may need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coral Dream takes the first place for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at what your bf called it! These are all gorgeous! I'm jealous. My target has a sh-load of Elf products, but not nail polish =[

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Cuti-CLUE-les, thank you so much! I'm glad you like the gradient

    @stephpiperr, Thanks! I ended up wearing Smokin Hot for more than a day, so that's saying a lot :)

    @PassionForPolish, Thanks! it is a sweet color :)

    @Naila Nails, they have a few seasonal sets. Not sure I've seen any permanent ones :)

    @nailXchange, funny that you say that, these are not the colors I normally pick, but somehow I end up with a lot of them. This set my cousin convinced me :)

    @BeautyScraps, my Target does not carry polishes, so if yours does then there is a chance of finding it there. I have seen this set at Big Lots, it is also online (http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/nails/sets/4_piece_nail_polish_set). I got this one at pay/half.

    @Manases Andrea, love that color too. Somehow it makes my skin-tone look darker :)

    @heartNAT, my target has no polishes either :(
    I got this one at pay/half in Chicago, but I have seen them at Big Lots in my state.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like all the colours in this set and Elf definitely have good prices! I'm just worried about the brushes and formulas as I've had bad experiences with Elf in the past :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did not have any problems with the brushes. I wonder if with the white caps they changed the brushes as well. I'll have to try some of my black cap polishes and compare!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are right... corals are perfect for evoking the summer moods :D
    I like "coral dream" the most :D I'm a sucker for shades like that.
    The gradient turned out soo well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Marta, I'm a sucker for those shades too! Coral Dream and Smokin Hot are my faves here :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...