Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Stamping: Light Stamp Over Dark

Today's Sunday Stamping theme of light stamp over a dark base gave me the perfect excuse to create a manicure I've been wanting to do for a while. When I first saw this stamping pattern, I couldn't help but get the feeling of deja vu. At the time I couldn't figure out what it was all about and it wasn't until weeks later when I finally realized what it was. The trash can that stands under my desk has this exact pattern on it. Really, I mean this exact pattern. It would be a crime not to replicate it on my nails...


Are you ready for this? Here is the trash can...


And again, here is the manicure...
I started out with a pure black base using Sinful Colors Black on Black. I stamped it with my favorite silver, Pure Ice Silver Mercedes. The pattern comes from Cheeky plate CH6. It would have been perfect if I didn't hit my index finger and smudge it, but I still really love this manicure. I'll be keeping this one on the rest of the day today...




Yes, I am posing with the trash can. That is definitely a first for me :D



What was the strangest thing you have been inspired by?

Thanks for looking and commenting!
Anutka :)

21 comments:

  1. I can't believe there's a trash can and a stamping plate out there that completely match...how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty! You're so good at stamping! I'm definitely going to have to work on that more...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! That's a pretty awesome trash can (bin) too!! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mani !! How funny of having the same pattern as your trash bin? LOL !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome mani! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny is that! and great Mani too, inspiration comes from anywhere, even the trash bin! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha! I read your post with a big smile LOL! Well, isn't that a coincidence or what?? I can't think of something that "strange" that I have been inspired for though lool. Kisses***

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee hee... this is awesome. Coincidence? I don't think so. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant, I love matchy matchy and the more out-of-the-ordinary, the better! I once painted my nails a certain colour because I knew it would be the perfect match for the supermarket shopping trolleys (I even took a picture while I was doing my shopping!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is hilarious! Trash cans at your fingertips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder which came first, the stamping plate or the trash can?

    ReplyDelete
  12. :)) So cool! The mani looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous!
    I really need to practice more the stamping thing, I'm so bad at it!
    Hope one day I get to your level!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a beautiful trash can ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing match! The beautiful things are all around us, we just need to look closer lol! Great stamping - I love the pattern :) And your trash can is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much everyone! I'm glad you like it!

    The trash bin came first. I've had that for a while and when I saw the plate I could't figure out what it reminded me off. I finally realized what it was and had to replicate it :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...