Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday Stamping with Glitter for Father's Day

I'm pretty sure there are not too many (any?) fathers regularly reading this blog, but since it is Father's Day in the US, I would like to say Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dad's out there!

In addition to being Father's Day, it is also Sunday Stamping in Adventures in Stamping with the challenge today being a stamped manicure with glitter. I wanted to create something that both fit the challenge as well as Father's Day. Picking out the glitter polish took more thought than usual since we all know that most dads love anything nothing with glitter...


I finally settled on a glitter polish purely for the name. Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl was the winner for this daddy's girl. I stamped using Bundle Monster plate BM-203 and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Presto Pewter, a very manly dark metallic gray. The pattern itself reminds me of men's ties, so I thought it was quite appropriate for the occasion...



It is hard to capture in photos, but the fine glitter of Daddy's Girl looks amazing as it sparkles under lights from underneath the gray...


Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl is a sheer purple jelly with a fine purple fleck/glitter. It is best layered over a more opaque color. The swatches here are four coats and the nail line is still visible much to my frustration. The brush was a bit stiff making it difficult to apply even layers. Aside from the frustration of application, the color is just gorgeous. I will definitely be trying layering combinations with this polish. Swatches are with a top coat...




I'm such a fan of these fleck glitters...


Swatch Details
Brand: Sinful Colors
Collection: main
Color Name/Number: Daddy's Girl, 841
Number of coats: 4
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I would love to know what you think of this manicure!
And... are you doing anything special for your father this Father's Day?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty! I love it! It completely reminds me of Fathers Day Ties

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It reminds me of a tie! I love this nail design!
    -Amber
    http://beautyguide101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I've got this plate and this glaze too, sure I'll try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love it! The Daddy's Girl color and the design. I really need to learn how to do that, but I haven't got a clue where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous colors and lovely design, love the manicure :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's beautiful - and I'm deeply envious of the fact you got your stamping straight. How do you get them all to go on right? I've tried and tried and they always come out crooked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love your colours and perfect stamping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much girls! I'm really glad that you like it and even think it looks like a tie. I appreciate all your sweet comments :)

    @Zohar, I think the best thing to do is see how it is done. There are lots of YouTube tutorials available. Search for "nail stamping." If you need more info let me know, I will be more than happy to help!

    @Anonymous, believe me, it doesn't always come out straight. When I stamp, I hold my nails with the tips facing me so I can see the surface of the nail. Then I try to align the stamp along the edge before stamping. I'm not sure if this helps you or not. It just takes lots of practice and seeing what works well for you when trying to align it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just can't take my eyes off the photos..The polish is great, and the stamping is even better!! P.S. Never heard of father's day, shame on me %\

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for such compliments! You are too kind!
    We have Mother's day in May and Father's Day in June. Great excuse to spoil them :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...