Thursday, April 19, 2012

piCture pOlish Tiffany Boxed Up

The last piCture pOlish in my collection is Tiffany. It carries the very appropriate and cute tag line of "diamonds with breakfast!" With a name like that, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that I wanted to put a ribbon and bow on this manicure.


For the ribbon I used striping tape in white and silver. The white alone turned almost clear on the nail so I layered it over silver striping tape. The bow provided a bit more of a challenge since I didn't want to paint it and stamping just wasn't going my way. I ended up cutting out part of a butterfly sticker and using it as a bow. Have no fear though, no real butterflies were harmed in the making of this manicure.

I'm really happy with how this turned out. Too bad I don't own a real Tiffany box to take photos with... ;)



A quick shot of the stickers that I used. The red lines over one of the butterflies shows where I cut to turn it into a bow. Also in the process of taking photos I discovered that these stickers glow in the dark! Yay! :)


piCture pOlish Tiffany itself is a cool mint creme. It actually has a bit more of a green tint than the camera captured. Thee coats for full opacity and the formula was easy to work with. Swatches here are with a top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: piCture pOlish
Collection: main line
Color Name/Number: Tiffany
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I would love to know what you think of this! :D

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

15 comments:

  1. This is sooooooo beautiful!!! I love how delicate and pretty it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the base colour and your manicure is soooo cute..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the design. and to make a bow out of a butterfly.. genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely color and nice idea for the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and elegant, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love this design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! So cute, springy, and perfect. How do you come up with such amazing ideas!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, just like a Tiff box! I love such shades!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mani with the bow is such a cute one :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! It is such a pretty color! :)

    @Melissa, I have no idea where they come from :) Often I draw inspiration from the name or if the color reminds me of something :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty!!!!
    And How clever are you to turn a butterfly into a bow!
    clever clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Marta, thank you! You are so sweet an encouraging as always :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...