Monday, September 9, 2013

31DC2013 Day 9 - Rainbow

Today I would like to show you a manicure that I spent half the night working on right before taking off on vacation. This is actually what I'm wearing right now and thinking that one week of looking at it might not be enough! I don't ever want to take it off. This is my manicure for Day 6 of the 31 Day Nail Challenge the theme for which is rainbow....


For this manicure I used five of the six shades from the Color Club Spring Halo Hues collection. I sponged three coats of gradient on each nail...

Thumb: Eternal Beauty (violet) to Miss Bliss (pink)
Index: Miss Bliss to Cosmic Fate (peachy)
Middle: Cosmic Fate to Kismet (light green)
Ring: Kismet to Over the Moon (blue)
Pinkie: Over the Moon to Eternal Beauty


I don't think you can get any more rainbow than a holographic rainbow gradient! Sponging the holos killed their linear rainbow effect and made it more of a scattered holo, but who cares, they are still super sparkly. I wish I could get some sunshine photos, but as I said, this was made LATE at night... 3 hours before I had to leave the house to head to the airport!...





Let me know what you think of this!

P.S. This post is pre-scheduled while I'm on vacation. I may not be able to respond to comments until I return, but I greatly appreciate them and will respond as soon as I return!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

19 comments:

  1. It's sooooo beautiful!!!!! I love it! How did you make it? LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is awesome!! I've tried a gradient with holo's and just can't seem to get it to work for me (then again, anything besides a glitter gradient I have found I can't get to work! LOL). I might have to try this with a fan brush, I wonder if it would make a similar effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this came out fantastic! love your rainbow mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A rainbow from rainbowy polishes... stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried this, but now I must! So gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose you mean "half the night"...

    Well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh comme c'est beau cette arc en ciel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you actually had time to make something like that 3 hrs before your flight. I'm always rushing and packing at that hr... Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone! This was definitely well worth the effort and the last minute crazy, no sleep rush! At least I got to enjoy it on vacation, longer than I keep most of my manicures!

    @Eva Leek, I used a technique similar to this one by the Nailasaurus. Only difference is that I did it lengthwise on my nail and each nail was different colors as I listed in my post :)

    @Angie, it definitely broke up the holo effect and took 3 coats of repeated sponging to get this look. On first coat, I was convinced it wouldn't work! I bet a fan brush would give you a really cool gradient too! :)

    @Magda, LOL! Thank you! I was quite sleep deprived when writing this :)

    @Airmid, I was packing too, right after making this and actually didn't go to sleep that night at all :(

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...