- 3 polishes of your choice (OPI Miss Universe lacquers used here)
- Striping tape
- Small brush (optional, but helpful)
- Start out by painting the nails using one of the polishes. OPI I'm Feeling Sashy used here.
- When the polish is dry, place striping tape in a desired pattern (placement of striping tape illustrated here with gray lines).
- Using either the polish brush or a different small brush, apply your second color in sections between the striping tape. Shown here using the silver OPI This Gown Needs a Crown.
- Repeat step #2 using the third color to fill in other sections between striping tape. Shown here using OPI Miss You-niverse.
- Note: I did remove two pieces of striping tape on the index finger before adding the dark purple at the tip.
- Remove striping tape right away, while polish is still wet.
- Add a top coat and you're done!
For best results work one nail at a time rather than a full manicure as shown here. In other words, you can do step #1 to all the nails, but repeat steps #2-4 on each nail individually. It is best to remove the striping tape while the polish is still wet to get clean lines.
Please let me know what you think of this tutorial! Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any!
** Polishes were provided to me for review by the manufacturer or their PR. **
** For more information please see the disclosure policy **