Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgivukkah!

I would like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgivukkah (Thanksgiving + Hanukkah). Did you know such a term exists? I didn't, but I like it. Another one to add to my vocabulary for today is menurkey (menorah that looks like a turkey). I'm looking forward to a relaxing day off and a yummy dinner with my family. Hopefully you are having a wonderful day too!

My manicure today was inspired by this very image that I found online. I had been trying to decide how to combine the two holidays in one manicure and thought it would be fun to either paint a menurkey or a turkey lighting a menorah. Once I saw this image, I knew it had to be the later...



For this manicure I used a base of KBShimmer You Autumn Know. I purchased this beauty on the day it was released, but have not gotten a chance to wear it yet. Now that Fall is almost over, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss my opportunity to wear it. Swatches of it by itself are further down in the post....


All of the drawing was done using acrylic paints except for the menorah for which I used Essie Good as Gold  over black acrylic paint. I 'lit' the candles on the menorah with gold holographic glitter. It blends a bit too much with the glitter already in the base, but it does sparkle beautifully in reality. I absolutely love how this manicure turned out. It definitely makes it to the top of my favorite manicures...


Oh and if you are wondering what is on my Cinderella (right) hand... well it's just You Autumn Know with no added art. There is no way I can get this detail onto both hands so I decided to just leave it as one 'accent' hand. I actually do that occasionally, especially when I'm doing detailed freehand. If I had more time, I would have created decals of these image to mirror on my left hand, but this took too long as it is :)



KBShimmer You Autumn Know
A white crelly filled with gold, orange and purple glitter in various shapes and sizes. It is so beautiful, I just can't get enough of it! What is it about glitter packed white crellies that I find so irresistible? The formula is great. Applies easily and is loaded with glitter in each brush stroke. I used three coats to get full coverage. Swatches are with a top coat to smooth out the glitter...



It even has bar glitter which I'm not usually a fan of, but it is so teeny tiny and works perfectly with this combination that I really like it...


Swatch Details
Brand: KBShimmer
Collection: Fall 2013
Color Name/Number: You Autumn Know
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday if you celebrate either Thanksgiving or Hanukkah!

Let me know what you think of this polish and my manicure! :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is soooo cute! I love that you stuck with your original idea! Wish I could see this one in person. I hope you have a lovely Thanksgivukkah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is definitely the best thanks givukkah manicure i've ever seen :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so pretty!
    Happy holidays! I only celebrate Hanukkah but wish you a happy thanksgivukkah and and an excellent weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought I would comment and say cool theme, did you design it for yourself? Looks really good!
    bubble online games

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks amazing! That turkey!!!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Thanksgivukkah manicure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @mem22, I wish you could see it in person also. My cousin argued with me that it is stickers and not hand drawn. Yay me :)

    @nail crazy, thank you so much! That means a lot to me :)

    @yaelsn, Thank you so much! I hope you had a happy holiday as well! :)

    @Alana roy, I used the image found online for inspiration. Thank you.

    @Emiline, Thank you so much! I'm really glad you like it :)

    @paintedfingertips, Thank you very, very much! I'm glad you like it :)

    @Raggio di Luna, thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...