Monday, June 30, 2014

I'm back!

Hi Lovlies! Remember me? I took a wonderful vacation to the distant (at least for me) lands of Japan and Taiwan. I absolutely loved my time there and three weeks was not nearly enough to explore everything. Thank you to those of you who sent lovely messages asking about my whereabouts. I back home now and just trying to get back into the grove of things. This weekend was the first opportunity since my return that I've gotten to sit down and look through some of the, umm, 6000 photos that I took!

I'm not quite ready to come back to full time blogging. There are things going on in my personal life right now that are keeping me quite distracted. I have actually not even been in my 'polish room' since returning from the trip. Even worse, my nails have been unpainted for over a month. Oh the horror! I won't even mention that I broke almost all of them on the trip and they were looking pretty scary upon my return. I've been trying to give them the Bliss Kiss treatment and get them back in presentable shape...

Now for a few photos from my trip:

Tokyo...




Shibuya, one of the world's busiest intersections in Tokyo. Although this was the weekend and I hear it is even busier on weekdays, watching hundreds of people trying to cross the street all at once was quite a sight...


If you squint, you might see Mt. Fuji here. Sadly, although it was a sunny day, the mountain was barely visible in the distant fog...


Also near Mt. Fuji, this is probably one of my favorite photos from the trip...


Japan is just full of gorgeous temples and pagodas!


... and gardens...


This zen garden in Kyoto was one of my favorite places! So peaceful...


The skyline of Osaka...


A bit of nature...


We even got to meet this guy as he came down from the mountain and was just a few meters from us. He was evaluating if he can run down quickly enough and snag something from a bag that a girl had set down. And that is exactly what he did a few moments after I snagged the photo...


Taiwan was equally impressive, but oh so different...

Night markets full of food, food and more food! If it wasn't for the heat killing my appetite, I would have probably gained a ton of weight...


Gorgeous temples which feature more fine details than I could have imagined in one place...


And the nature of Taiwan just won my heart!





For the Frozen lovers out there, this sculpture is made of salt...


One of my favorite souvenirs from Japan are these two nail magazines. They are just packed with creative ideas that send my head spinning and wanting to try everything. I really wish they were available in the US because they blow our magazines out of the water...


That it for now ladies! I'll be back hopefully soon with nail art and reviews!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

25 comments:

  1. Glad that you had so much fun in Japan and Taiwan! :D You can get Japanese nail magazines from Japanese bookstores over here or online, such as yesstyle (I think). I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to find them in the US for sure! I've checked YesStyle and can't see them there, but I will check out the book store! Thank you so much for the suggestion :D

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos and great experience! Welcome back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was such a wonderful experience, I would love to go back for sure. There is still so much to see :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! :D
    Lovely places and the photos are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are so many wonderful places in this world. I wish I could just travel around for a year or so! :)

      Delete
  4. From the pictures it is obvious you had a great time, however so nice to see you are back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is good to be back although I wish I was still out there exploring :)

      Delete
  5. Потрясающие фотографии!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо большое! Мне там очень понравилось. Много такой красоты! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, how I love your pictures! Everything amazingly beautiful. These two places are on my to-go list as well, and now that I see your pictures, it makes me want to go right away!
    Welcome back. Hopefully we'll see your inspiration from one of those magazines right?
    Wish you a great week dear! :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I always feel about people's travel photos! I want to go there and experience it for myself! Another few months there wouldn't have hurt! So much beauty and so many new things to experience. Wish we didn't have to rush!
      Hope you have a wonderful week as well! :)

      Delete
  7. Awww, didn't know you've been to Japan! I wish you picked up some of the Japan made polishes like TiNS! Good to know you enjoyed the stay there. Should've stayed longer to see the firework festivals ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I could have stayed longer! There are still so many things we wanted to do, but ran out of time. A few more months would have been good! :)
      I looked at some of the polishes, but traveling with a backpack, I chose to avoid buying things that would weigh me down. Sadly that included polish! Ah, next time I go back with a suitcase :)

      Delete
  8. You had an awesome trip, the photos are all fantastic. I am very curious about your future nail designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely wonderful! I will share some of my picks from the magazine and hopefully recreate (or do my interpretation) of some of them! :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed them! :)

      Delete
  10. It was a wonderful time! I couldn't stop taking photos. So much beauty everywhere we went. And my feet payed for it... still recovering :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - such nice vacation pictures!! I hope your personal life settles in a direction you want it to. And, YAY - you're back!! You've been missed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you so much! I'm glad to be back and glad that you like the photos! I couldn't believe how many I ended up taking.
      Hoping things settle down also! Finger crossed :)

      Delete
  12. Yay! So glad you are back. And there should have been at least one Japanese style selfie in that mix of photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! The monkey wasn't enough? I took way too many selfies actually, not sure if they were Japanese style or not though. LOL

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous photos! I went to Japan a few years ago. It is fun seeing your photos from some of the spots I visited. I can't wait to go back someday. Taiwan seems wonderful too. One more place for my list. :) How did you do with the food? I got skinny in Japan because I couldn't handle having rice and noodles every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely didn't eat as just in Japan as I did in Taiwan. The food is so different. I can handle rice for a while. The noodles were not my favorite and that is coming from a pasta lover! I guess I'm not as big into rice or buckwheat noodles...
      I do hope to go back some day! It is so much fun exploring new places and cultures :)

      Delete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...